NovationMusic.com

The official Novation forum
It is currently 26th October, 2014, 2:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Issues with new ULtranova
PostPosted: 24th April, 2011, 2:46 am 

While i am waiting to hear back from technical support has anyone run into this constellation of problems with a new ultranova? First several sound patches make no sound The mod wheel and aftertouch do nothing for 99% of the patches. The arp setting is exactly the same for every patch defaulting to arp 1. In usb mode the volume knob does not control the volume of the synth. Any ideas? I did the os update already. Is there some sort of reset?

Post subject: Re: Issues with new ULtranova
PostPosted: 24th April, 2011, 9:13 pm 

> First several sound patches make no sound

These are the vocoder patches, you have to sing into the microphone while pressing a key to make sound.

> The mod wheel and aftertouch do nothing for 99% of the patches.

For the patches that does not have any preset effects on the aftertouch and modwheel you can add it by entering the Modulation menu, choose a free slot and set Source1 to "ModWheel" or "AftTouch" and assign any effect of your choice. Also if you wonder if a patch does have anything assigned to aftertouch or modwheel you can browse through the different slots (using the knob above "Number") to see if it really does not have anything assinged. (Also I found the default aftertouch setting kind of difficult to use so I entered the "Global" menu and changed it to something more suitable for me)

> The arp setting is exactly the same for every patch defaulting to arp 1.

I don't see the problem with this as you can change it and store it back to the patch.

> In usb mode the volume knob does not control the volume of the synth.

I have never experienced this problem neither when using Cubase or Reason to control the UN.

PostPosted: 27th May, 2011, 9:07 am 

Found a bug.
Sometimes when i send a lot of midinotes to the Ultranova and play with the modwheel then random parameters change. it usually happens after a some seconds and when i turn the modwheel up and down fast over a period of time.

PostPosted: 10th July, 2011, 10:10 pm 

Hi,

I have the same problems, when using MIDI through USB within Sonar X1, I cannot alter the volume physically with the volume knob.

Several patches (that are NOT vocoder patches), do not sound, and most of the other patches seem to have a repeat, or double sound at the start of every key press when hearing them (this is when the keyboard is either in MIDI, or Standalone).

Does anyone know if there is a factory reset for this synth, to try and reset everything, to see if this solves the problem. I'm on OS 1.0.0.4